I think, even with all life has thrown at me lately, I would still say thay I happily live in paradise. Now, my location isn't exactly paradise, I don't have an ocean looking back at me when I wake up in the morning but overall my life is pretty paradisial (my new made up word). What makes it so?
1. Ella. I am pretty sure she is magical. Like she has little magic baby powers and she cast them on me about 2 hours after she was born and now I am caught up in her magic baby spell. That little girl is so amazing, so appreciative, so adorable. We are at this point where we are seeing her slip behind in some "milestones" and yes, it is hard, but she makes up for it in so many ways. It's like she doesn't want to be behind. She tries so hard to hold her head up or roll over. She never complains. She smiles at you like you are the best thing in the ENTIRE world. She is magic. I could write an entire book about her magicness and she is only 14 weeks old. If having a baby with special needs means you get to experience this magicness, I think you all should have one. Seriously.
2. My other two monsters... Yes, even Ryan and Reed make my life paradise. Watching them play football, watching Ryan become such a big boy (he's reading chapter books now!), watching Reed sing to his sister for 10 minutes just because. These two boys are the lights of my life. They push my buttons and bring me flowers from the yard. Reed tells me I am gorgeous. If that isn't paradise, I don't know what is.
3. Work. Yep, work. I love to work. Crazy, I know, but I love to work. I love to be the best at what I do. I love the fact that I created a business that has been succesful. I love the fact that I wear comfy pants to work and sit across from Erin. I like that when I want to see my husband he is just down the hall. I love that someone at my work stocks the refrigerator with Diet Coke so it is always there for me without me having to ask. I love everything that has to do with work, even the crappy no fun things like paying bills and taking out the trash.
4. My family. Sure, I might act like I don't always appreciate them (gotta keep up my tough girl image after all) but really, I couldn't do 1/2 of what I do without them. My paradise wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for all of their help and support and putting up with me.
5. and of course, my husband. He puts up with a lot of shit from me. He stands behind every decision I make, good or bad, and helps me get through the messes I might create when I am just sure that I am right and go full steam ahead without putting my thinking cap on first. He gave me my 2 monsters and my magical princess and he is the number one reason I live in paradise, no matter what I say to him when I am mad.
Yes, sometimes it rains in paradise, sometimes there are even thunder and lightening storms, but the clouds pass and I am still right where I was before the rain, in my little paradise.